Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Alvin Fernald forever

The Wacky World of Alvin Fernald is a website devoted to the work of Clifford Hicks, writer of the Alvin Fernald series of children's books.

Alvin's Secret Code was the crucial book of my childhood (see here), so I'm happy to see Alvin's web-presence growing. The Magnificent Brain rules!

comments: 2

Anonymous said...

January 12, 2006. I found your comments by searching on "Clifford B. Hicks" on the internet. Yes, this book, along with Herbert S. Zim's Codes & Secret Writings, were extremely significant as I was growing up. I assume I was 8 or 9 when I first encountered these books. My brother and I played for hours (over many years) with secret ciphers. I read all the Alvin Fernald books which my local public library carried. I don't know if I actually read all that actually exist. IS THERE A WEBSITE THAT GIVES CURRENT INFO ON CLIFFORD B. HICKS, what he's doing, how his children (and presumably grandchildren by now) are doing, etc.? My e-mail is KroozNow@yahoo.com. Please let me know. Thank you.

Michael Leddy said...

A link to The Wacky World of Alvin Fernald is in this post. Move your cursor over the words "The Wacky World..." and you'll see the link.