Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy anniversary

[Photographer long forgotten.]

Marriage is, I think, the best of all adventure stories. Or at least it can be. As André Gregory says in My Dinner with André (dir. Louis Malle, 1981),
Have a real relationship with a person that goes on for years: that’s completely unpredictable. Then you’ve cut off all your ties to the land and you’re sailing into the unknown, into uncharted seas.
Elaine and I were married twenty-eight years ago on this day. We are still sailing. Happy anniversary, Elaine.

[May marriage soon be for all partners.]

comments: 3

The Arthurian said...

Ah, but who is that boy in the pictures??

Happy aniversary

Rachel said...

You were both so YOUNG! I think you look better now than then.
Thank you for making and keeping such a great family. I'm proud to call you my parents.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Mike. Thanks, Arthurian. Thanks, Rachel.

I realized this morning that I am as old now as my dad was then. Ain’t it funny how time slips away.