Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Goodbye, Blockbuster

From The New York Times:

Blockbuster, which had more than 9,000 retail stores across America nine short years ago, will close over the next two months the few hundred video-rental stores that it still has, the company’s owner, Dish Network, said Wednesday in a bittersweet but long-expected announcement.
There is no permanence.

comments: 2

The Arthurian said...

30, maybe 35 years ago there was a little store in a little down down the road from me, called Future Vision. They dealt in videotapes. (At the time, I didn't know what that was.)

... on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains.

Fresca said...

I can well imagine this closing makes economic good sense, but I sure miss being able to go rent a movie and watch it right away. (Streaming always stalls on my system.)