Thursday, January 21, 2016

Ben Leddy, “Immigration!”



The latest from our son. I am grateful for the title card, having never heard or heard of the Justin Bieber song. Sorry.

There are more songs at Ben’s YouTube channel.

comments: 6

Frex said...

This is so great!!!
Good job, Ben!
It reminds me of The Big Short, which uses Selena Gomez [Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend) to explain the baking term "synthentic CDOs"!
Frex = Fresca

Michael Leddy said...

I haven’t seen this one, and I thought you meant that someone invoked Selena Gomez to make an analogy. And then I looked it up. :)

Frex said...

Oh, sorry-- I was sure you'd have seen by now (it seems you usually see movies before I do? e.g. Spotlight).

I see I said Selena explains a "baking" not a "banking" term, which makes it all more of a hash!

Btw, I recommend the movie--a quirky take on recent economic history. (I'd liked Moneyball by the same author too--very similar, though grimmer.)

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, I did get to Spotlight early. And The Martian . But a lot of times I wait for the DVD. Our nearest theater is a horrible multiplex. But we are resolved to schlep to the “art” theater to see Youth .

I knew you meant banking, though “synthentic CDOs” sounds like it could be something food-related. No GMOs, no synthentic CDOs!

About banking and money more generally: have you seen Inside Job ?

Fresca said...

Inside Job looks too, too serious and awful---like it'd have no Justin Bieber references at all. Do you recommend it?

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, no Bieber. And not a single musical number! But I recommend it, strongly. I found it absolutely infuriating.