Thursday, January 4, 2018

An Infinite Jest assignment

Just for fun: my waking self wants to defend itself against my dreaming self. Here, reformatted for readability, is what I once gave out to begin Infinite Jest. You can click on each image for a larger view.







Related reading
All OCA David Foster Wallace posts (Pinboard)

comments: 2

Berit said...

I found both this and your Dream post to be very interesting. A copy of IJ has been plaguing me since early December. (In the house, not mine, in the way of Christmas decorating and holiday proceedings, a sore thumb with its stark yet colorful jacket.) Maybe it's time for me to put aside mastering my responsibilities to read it.

Michael Leddy said...

I’d take this post as a sign. Seriously though, it's a tremendously rewarding novel, and it seems ever more prophetic about the present shape of things.